Put that bass in your walk, everyone – season 12 of RuPaul’s Drag Race in now underway so get ready to sissy because mother has arrived! After having received a record 14 Emmy nominations, the hit TV series is back and more glamorous than ever, so if you’re ready to shantay and stay, keep reading to find out how to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race online from anywhere.
RuPaul’s Drag Race season 12 – key details
Season 12 of RuPaul’s Drag Race premiered February 28 on VH1. New episodes run for 60 minutes and air every Friday, typically beginning at 8pm ET and PT.
That’s right, this iconic TV series is back again with more drama and extravaganza than ever. It’s safe to say that even though it’s still early on in RuPaul’s Drag Race season 12, the queens have made an impression already. With Brita epitomising New York city realness, to Jackie Cox combining “middle-western nerd” and “queen of cabaret”.
Not to mention, guest judges this year include Nicki Minaj, Whoopi Goldberg, Chaka Khan and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. When did an acting US politician last judge a drag-themed reality TV show? Welcome to 2020, people! So, if you don’t want to miss a second of this wonderfully glam TV series, keep reading to find out how to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race online from anywhere.
How to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race online from outside your country
If you find yourself far from home when the latest episode of RuPaul’s Drag Race drops – abroad on business or just taking an extended vacation – don’t let geo-blocks take the swagger out of your step.
If you’re in a country where this content isn’t available, you can install a VPN so you can watch Season 12’s Drag Race darlings online, no matter where you’re situated. This piece of software changes your IP address, so you can access each episode live or catch-up with the series and watch as if you were back at home.
Of the hundreds of available VPNs, our favorite is ExpressVPN. It’s quick to connect to servers, straightforward to use and secure. It’s compatible with Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, the Xbox, PlayStation, iOS and Android software, and many other devices.
What makes ExpressVPN particularly enticing is its flexible 30-day money back guarantee. Even better, if you sign up for an annual plan you’ll get a 49% discount and 3 months extra FREE – a brilliant deal on an essential bit of kit.
Once downloaded, search for the location of your home country or select it from the pre-defined list. Click connect and condragulations! You’ll be able to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race online without tears threatening to ruin your makeup.
How to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race online in the US for free
There are myriad ways to enjoy the weekly challenges and backstage sassiness of Season 12. If you’ve got cable, you can watch it live on VH1 every Friday from 8pm ET. You can also stream the show via VH1’s online platform, but you’ll need to enter your cable provider details to do so.
If you’ve cut the cord completely, however, there are loads of OTT services that will allow you to stream RuPaul’s Drag Race:
- Sling: You need to select a base package of either Sling Orange or Sling Blue. Both are $30 per month after the first month’s rate of $20. Neither have VH1, so you need to include Lifestyle Extra for an additional $5 per month to access that channel and 10 more. If you’re holding out for a free trial, you can’t access this through the web, though it is available via Sling compatible devices, like AirTV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, LG webOS and Xbox One.
- FuboTV: fubo Standard provides 108 channels, two simultaneous streams, and 30 hours DVR storage for $54.99 per month. The first seven days are free and you can cancel anytime.
- AT&T TV Now: their entry-level option is Plus, which offers over 45 channels for a monthly fee of $65. It includes some premium channels, too, like HBO, ESPN and FX, in addition to VH1. If you’re a new customer, you can bag a 7-day free trial.
- Philo: for the modest sum of $20 per month, you get access to 59 channels, which includes VH1, A&E, the Paramount Network and MTV. Instant access to a free, week-long trial is available just by providing your mobile number, but after 48 hours you’ll need to enter your billing details to continue watching.
Watch Ru Paul’s Drag Race 2020 online in Canada: free live stream details
If you have cable, you can catch RuPaul and his rhinestone-clad posse on Crave at 8.35pm ET or on OUTtv at 8pm ET. Otherwise, both have their own OTT services:
· OUTtvGo: new episodes from Season 12 of Drag Race will be available to stream from 9.30pm EST, just an hour and a half after their US debut. Subscription is $3.99 CAD a month or $39.99 for an annual subscription.
· Crave: subscribe to Crave On-Demand for $9.99 CAD (plus tax) to get your fill of cutting barbs from the mischievous Ru, with new episodes available online and on the Crave app from 9.30pm EST and 6.30pm PST. A free trial of 7-days is available too.
How to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race online in the UK
Netflix is the only way UK viewers can secure a seat at the Drag Race. New episodes come online first thing Saturday mornings, half a day later than in the US.
If you’ve already got a Netflix subscription, then it’s certainly the option you’ll nee dto go for. But anyone from North America travelling or holidaying in the UK should remember they can tap into their local TV coverage and watch the Drag Race live by using a VPN.
How to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race online in Australia for free
In Australia Stan will exclusively stream RuPaul’s Drag Race from February 29, on the same day that the show is broadcast in the US. Monthly subscription to Stan’s basic plan is $10 AUD but new customers are entitled to a generous 30-day free trial.
So, if you want to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race online from anywhere, you’ll need to use a VPN service like ExpressVPN as detailed above to get access to VH1 or your On-Demand streaming service.